Verdicchio di Matelica Riserva 'Senex', Bisci
- 100% Verdicchio from the oldest vines (forty years, planted 1978) in the Fogliano vineyard
- Picked with the highest possible acidity while attaining phenolic ripeness
- Fermentation in glass-lined cement tanks
- 48 months on the lees in tank, followed by another 9 months in bottle before release
- The name “Senex” means old in Latin!
- Only 600 cases 6pks are produced annually
- First vintage 1998
Verdicchio di Matelica
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
The 2015 Bisci Verdicchio di Matelica Riserva Senex isn’t shy, nor is it simple in any way, wafting up from the glass with a complex mix of spicy and sweet florals, dried peaches, honey and a spritz of lime. The density of its textures is remarkable, while being perfectly balanced by brisk acids and saturating minerals that linger on and on. The Senex hails from vines that are nearly forty years old and spends four years on the lees in cement tanks before bottling, of which only 3,600 are produced. It’s a pretty and pure special expression of Verdicchio.