Valpolicella Classico Superiore, Tenuta Santa Maria
- 75% Corvina, 15% Corvinone and 10% Rondinella
- From the Bertani family’s estate at Villa Mosconi, in Arbizzano di Negrar.
- Calcareous clay soils
- Harvested in late September, crushed, cold-pressed and fermented in stainless steel for 25-30 days with daily punchdowns
- Aged in casks ranging in size from 8 to 190 hectoliters for at least 14 months in traditional large oak barrels
- 3,300 cases produced annually
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
The Bertani family can trace its roots in Negrar, the heart of the Classico zone, back to the 15th century. Grapes are hand harvested; the wine spends 12 months in large oak casks so that classic red forest fruits and silky tannins can develop. On the nose, it has soft, ripe red fruits, while the well-balanced palate displays ripe plum and pomegranate and a hint of spice. Stunning juicy core, round tannins and an elegant finish.