Valpolicella Classico Superiore, Tenuta Santa Maria
- 75% Corvina, 15% Corvinone and 10% Rondinella
- From the Bertani family’s estate at Villa Mosconi, in Arbizzano di Negrar.
- Calcareous clay soils
- Harvested in late September, crushed, cold-pressed and fermented in stainless steel for 25-30 days with daily punchdowns
- Aged in casks ranging in size from 8 to 190 hectoliters for at least 14 months in traditional large oak barrels
- 3,300 cases produced annually
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
The 2018 Valpolicella Classico Superiore is wildly spicy with a sour citrus twang contrasting rich cherry-berry fruits. It’s a juicy, high-energy effort, with vibrant shades of red offset by tactile minerality and brisk acids. Long and full of character, this leans more toward blue and purple fruits throughout the finale. There's a lot of pleasure to be found in the 2018 Valpolicella from Tenuta Santa Maria, and it's a great value as well.