Toscana IGT Sangiovese 'Ventoso'
- A blend of 90 % Sangiovese with Canaiolo, Malvasia Nera and other indigenous red varieties
- Classified as IGT because many of the vineyards are not registered as DOCG Chianti, but there is also fruit declassified from the appellation
- Sourced from clay-loam soils strewn with rock fragments
- The slopes have southern, southwestern and some northern exposure
- Harvest takes place from the second week of September to the second week of October
- Fermentation and aging happens in concrete tanks exclusively with indigenous yeasts to highlight the pure expression of the fruit
- Approximately 2500 cases are produced each year.
- First vintage: 2004
Press & Reviews