Taurasi 'Cinque Querce', Salvatore Molettieri
- 100% Aglianico from the province of Montemarano in Avellino
- 500-550 meters above sea level
- Planted to soils rich in calcareous clay
- Maceration on the skins over 15-20 days in 50% wood tanks and 50% steel vats
- Aging in a combination of 30, 50, and 80-hectolitre oak casks and French oak barriques for 36 months prior to bottling
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
A very meaty, spicy Taurasi with cedary and tarry accents, highlighting more fruit-driven elements of blackberries and dark cherries. It’s really deep and dense, but remarkably polished and agile for a wine of 15% alcohol and nearly 7 years of age. There’s tension and beauty here, not simply raw power and opulence. Drink now.
Moderately saturated red-ruby. Musky aromas of red currant, aromatic herbs, spices and flint. Smooth and fine-grained, conveying a distinctly refined quality to the big, juicy red cherry and sweet spice flavors. Showcases outstanding balance and length, finishing with solid extract and excellent length.