Sweet Potato Shochu, ‘Hanadori’, Kodama Distillery
- 44% ABV
- Made from 83% beni-imo purple yams, 17% koji rice
- Distilled one time at atmospheric pressure (joatsu).
- Hanadori shochu is an extremely rare distillate that rarely leaves southern Japan.
- Consists of just 1% of the entire distillation run and taken entirely from the heads, the result is a highly aromatic and densely flavored spirit, kaleidoscopic and bright in flavor.
- Dense and bright, packed with flavors of tropical fruits and berries.
- Ideally kept in the freezer and poured extremely cold to keep flavors and aromas concentrated.
- One of Japan’s most iconoclastic shochu distillers, Junpei Kanemaru makes entirely “handmade” shochu without the use of any modern machinery or equipment.
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|