Soave Classico 'Salvarenza', Gini
- Certified Organic
- Salvarenza is a tiny sub-plot of the La Froscà Cru and home to the Gini’s centenarian vines, some of which are prephylloxera
- 100% Garganega
- 150 meters above sea level
- South-east orientation
- Limestone-veined soil with thin tuff layers
- Hand-harvested at the end of October
- Fermented with ambient yeasts in oak cask. Malolactic fermentation and aging in oak
- Wine rests on its lees for 1 year in 25 hl barrels and used barriques
- Aged on the lees additional 6-8 months in small steel tanks
- Rests six months in bottle before release
- No sulfites are added to the grape must prior to fermentation; Sandro Gini was the first in Italy to try this method in 1985
- 800 cases produced each year on average
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
Aromas of Spanish broom, acacia and yellow stone fruit mingle with whiffs of hazelnut on this stunning white. Elegantly structured, the radiant palate has depth and complexity thanks to volcanic soils and 100-year-old vines, delivering apricot, ripe pear and tangy mineral notes evoking oyster shell before a white-almond finish. Hold for even more complexity. Drink through 2026.
A beautiful and rich white with lots of cooked apples and pears, minerals and hints of honey. Full-bodied, creamy and fruity. Lovely finish. This is always a top white. Drink or hold.
The 2016 Soave Classico Contrada Salvarenza Vecchie Vigne displays a stunning golden color in the glass, as it wafts up with a rich bouquet of spiced lemon peel, dried apricot, potpourri and almond paste. It’s deeply textural, with an almost oily feel, yet well-balanced and energetic, as a soothing wave of peach and young mango coasts across a core of juicy acids. There’s a hint of tropical fruit and brown spice toward the close, as the Salvarenza shakes off its structural weight and tapers off to freshness. This is a serious expression of Soave that is made from vines that are over a century old.