Single Malt Whisky, 'Virgin Oak - 15 Year Scottish Oak Cask'
Single Malt Whisky, 'Virgin Oak - 15 Year Scottish Oak Cask', GlenAllachie Distillery
- Speyside Single Malt Scotch from The GlenAllachie in Aberlour
- Limited Release Speyside Single Malt Scotch from The GlenAllachie in Aberlour
- Part of GlenAllachie’s Virgin Oak Series, which sees Scottish Single Malt undergo additional maturation in specially selected new wood, each reacting uniquely with the GlenAllachie spirit
- Minimum 15 years old
- Whisky is first matured in ex-bourbon barrels then finished for approximately 18 months in virgin Scottish oak casks
- A nose bursting with honeycomb, white chocolate, butterscotch, and citrus blossoms into a palate of toffee and caramelized pine nuts, followed by lemon zest, banana, and ginger
- Only 2,250 bottles released globally
- Non-chill filtered; 48% ABV
This very rare malt obtains its sophisticated flavors from casks made of Scottish Sessile oak (Quercus petrae) sourced from the Atlantic coast. Scottish oak is incredibly challenging to work with at all stages of production: growing, milling, and coopering. Its rarity, costliness, and tendency to knot mean it is scarcely used for whisky maturation. Before being filled, the wood was air dried for 36 months, then toasted and charred to a medium level. Using just a handful of casks, the resulting spirit delivers a truly exceptional drinking experience, oozing with vanilla and butterscotch, perfectly balanced with rich notes of cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
Scotch / UK Whisky
Spirit Sub Type:
Single Malt / Malt / Pure Malt