Single Malt Whisky, 'Virgin Oak - 10 Year French Oak Cask'
Single Malt Whisky, 'Virgin Oak - 10 Year French Oak Cask', GlenAllachie Distillery
- Limited Release Speyside Single Malt Scotch from The GlenAllachie in Aberlour
- Part of GlenAllachie’s Virgin Oak Series, which sees Scottish Single Malt undergo additional maturation in specially selected new wood, each reacting uniquely with the GlenAllachie spirit
- Minimum 10 years old
- Whisky is first matured in ex-bourbon barrels then finished for approximately 18 months in virgin French oak casks
- Waves of orange peel, caramel, orchard fruit, and mocha on the nose transition to a palate layered with toffee, grapefruit, cinnamon, and earthy tannin with a bright note of ginger on the finish.
- Non-chill filtered; 48% ABV
This golden bronze malt obtains its silky tannins, sweet spice, and fruit notes from hogsheads made of French oak (Quercus robur) sourced from the Haute-Garonne region close to the Pyrenees. This fine-grained, consistent wood is air dried for 15 months before hosting the GlenAllachie spirit. The result is a delectable, subtle, and earthy single malt.
Scotch / UK Whisky
Spirit Sub Type:
Single Malt / Malt / Pure Malt