Single Malt Whisky, 'Komagatake - Yakushima Aged 2021'
Single Malt Whisky, 'Komagatake - Yakushima Aged 2021', Mars Distillery
- 2021 Vintage (4th release) of Single Malt Japanese Whisky distilled at Mars Shinshu Distillery in Nagano and then transported south for aging on Yakushima, an island 60 km off the Kagoshima mainland
- Malted barley peated to either 20 or 50 ppm before distillation
- Aged 3–5 years in ex-bourbon barrels and ex-sherry casks
- A nose of yellow fruit, fresh butter, and white smoke opens to a soft and intriguing palate of milk chocolate, dashi, and dried bonito with a pleasant bitterness lingering on the finish.
- Non-chill filtered; 56% ABV
- 522 bottles released in the US
Whisky distilled in the Japanese Alps travels south to the verdant island of Yakushima to experience the aging effects of its temperate climate and lush cedar forests, creating a Japanese single malt like none other.
Spirit Sub Type:
Single Malt / Malt / Pure Malt