Single Malt Whisky, 'Komagatake Limited Edition 2020', Mars Shinshu
- Single Malt Whisky distilled and aged at Mars Shinshu Distillery
- Aged over 3 years in ex-bourbon barrels and sherry casks
- Prune, honey, and vanilla on the nose; sweet orange on the palate underscored by cocoa powder
- 50% ABV, Non-chill filtered
- Label is dedicated to the completion of substantial refurbishments made to the Mars Shinshu Distillery over the past several years; Moving forward, will reflect a yearly progression in age as Mars establishes its house single malt style
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
The label on the 2020 edition of the Komagatake Limited Series celebrates recent and substantial refurbishments made to Mars Shinshu, tucked in the Nagano Alps and opened nearly 40 years ago. This single malt whisky was aged over 3 years in sherry casks and a combination of new American oak casks and ex-bourbon barrels. The distiller’s tasting notes include prune, honey, and vanilla on the nose, with sweet orange on the palate underscored by cocoa powder; a delicious dram to mark the next leg of the Mars Shinshu whisky-making journey. Bottled at its cask strength of 50% ABV and non-chill filtered.