Single Malt Whisky, 'Komagatake - IPA Cask'
Single Malt Whisky, 'Komagatake - IPA Cask', Mars Distillery
- Single Malt Whisky distilled at Mars Shinshu in Nagano Prefecture
- Single Malt Whisky distilled & matured at Mars Shinshu in ex-bourbon barrels then finished for 10 months in Minami Shinshu ex-IPA casks
- Aged 3–4 years
- Peated to 3.5 parts per million
- Fresh citrus zest and bitter hops on the nose give way to sweet grapefruit and orange on the palate. The finish buttons up brightly, displaying influence from the IPA cask.
- Non-chill filtered; 52% ABV
- US release of 180 bottles
Minami Shinshu, located right next to Mars Shinshu in Nagano, crafts beer using locally sourced ingredients. This is the second release of IPA-finished whisky from Mars, displaying the distillery’s penchant for experimentation.
Spirit Sub Type:
Single Malt / Malt / Pure Malt