Seasonal Gin, 'Autumnal - Bergamot Cocoa Nib'
Seasonal Gin, 'Autumnal - Bergamot Cocoa Nib', Letherbee Distillers
- 2021 Autumnal Release of Letherbee Gin, produced in Chicago, Illinois
- Made using the same 11 botanicals as Letherbee’s classic gin (including juniper, coriander, licorice, fennel, angelica, coriander, cubeb, lemon peel, orange peel, cinnamon, & almond) with the addition of dried bergamot peel, cold-pressed bergamot oil, and cocoa nib
- Neutral grain corn distillate distilled in a pot still
- Bergamot’s fruity and floral aroma brightly frames classic notes of juniper and coriander while the cocoa nib adds depth and a comforting hit of baking spice
- Limited run of approximately 190 cases
- 48% ABV
Letherbee continues a focus on the genus of citrus with this bergamot-driven expression. Thought to be the most delicate of citrus, Citrus bergamia (Bergamot) is a genetic cross between lemon and bitter orange and has been a popular ingredient in perfumes and tea for centuries. With the added hint of cocoa nib in this recipe, Letherbee’s 2021 autumnal gin lends itself particularly well to bitter-sweet cocktails, pairing beautifully with vermouth and amari.
Spirit Sub Type: