Saint-Amour 'Les Capitans'
- Planted in 1976
- Grown on granite and crushed granite slopes
- High density planting: 10,000 vines/ha
- Saint-Amour is found in the far north of the vine-growing region, where the soil features intermingling granite and clay, schist and limestone. Designated as a Cru in 1946, the region borders the Mâconnais and the site ‘Les Capitans’ is a rare single vineyard that can adorn its name to the label
- Semi-carbonic vinification in cement
- Aged in cement
- Floral and fruity, the aromas of strawberry, peach, violet and spicy cinnamon are common.
Press & Reviews