Castle & Key Distillery
Rye Whiskey, 'Restoration Rye' (Batch 3)
Rye Whiskey, 'Restoration Rye' (Batch 3), Castle & Key
- Rye whiskey distilled by Castle & Key distillery in Frankfort, KY.
- Mash bill of 63% rye, 17% yellow corn, 20% malted barley
- Distilled in a Vendome copper column still and 375-gallon doubler
- Batches are blended using a series of “pods,” with each pod consisting of barrels grouped to create specific sensory profiles
- Aged a minimum of 3 years
- A nose of mint, apple pie, nutmeg, and orange peel transitions to brown sugar, clove, and fig on the palate, with an especially confectionary finish full of spicy cinnamon and allspice
- Non-chill filtered; 52.5% ABV (ABV varies batch to batch)
Castle & Key takes a vintage approach to its rye blends, emphasizing the best expression of the barrels over a consistent flavor profile from batch to batch.
Spirit Sub Type: