Rosso di Montalcino, Uccelliera
- 100% Sangiovese from clay and sand soils rich in minerals
- Made from younger Brunello di Montalcino vineyards
- Cold maceration with the skins at 10-12 degrees Celsius
- Fermentation and maceration with the skins for 18/20 days with pumping over of the must in steel vats with temperature control
- Malolactic fermentation in steel followed by maturation in oak casks and barrels of various capacity for 10 months
- Finishing in the bottle for 5 months
Rosso di Montalcino
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
A pretty Rosso di Montalcino that shows dark cherries, spices and dried herbs. Medium body, fine tannins and a bright finish. Drink now.
The 2017 Rosso di Montalcino impresses with a display of blackberries, cherries and balsamic spices, all lifted up by mentholated herbal tones. It’s creamy in texture and medium in body yet contrasted by tart wild berries, minerals and brisk acids. This becomes almost salty through the finale, along with a subtle coating of fine tannins. The 2017 shows the intensity and warmth of the year, yet it finishes on balance. That said, drink this dark beast of a Rosso sooner rather than later.
Precise and fresh, driven by sweet red fruits with a mineral edge. Pretty wine, with a long and savoury finish.