Rosso di Montalcino, Scopetone
- 100% Sangiovese
- In Montalcino Scopetone only has vineyards classified to produce Brunello di Montalcino, so their rosso is, of course, declassified Brunello
- From 0.5 hectares of vines in the Scarnacuoia cru—a location of notable history in Montalcino because it’s where the Biondi Santi family planted their very first monovarietal vineyard of Sangiovese!
- Fermentation and maceration lasts 15 days in stainless steel
- Aged 6 months in large Slavonian oak casks followed by 3 months in bottle
- 325 cases produced each year on average
Rosso di Montalcino
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
Aromas of red berry, tobacco and Mediterranean scrub lead the nose. It's juicy and balanced, offering fleshy red cherry, licorice and black pepper alongside fine-grained tannins. It's fresh, with bright acidity. Drink through 2025.
The 2016 Rosso di Montalcino is very pretty, understated and very delicious. Readers will find an soft-spoken Rosso that is all about persistence, delicacy and class. The 2016 is not an obvious wine, but it is compelling. Sweet floral and red cherry notes perk up the brilliant finish in this light to medium-bodied Rosso from Scopetone.