Rosso di Montalcino, Scopetone
- 100% Sangiovese
- In Montalcino Scopetone only has vineyards classified to produce Brunello di Montalcino, so their rosso is, of course, declassified Brunello
- From 0.5 hectares of vines in the Scarnacuoia cru—a location of notable history in Montalcino because it’s where the Biondi Santi family planted their very first monovarietal vineyard of Sangiovese!
- Fermentation and maceration lasts 15 days in stainless steel
- Aged 6 months in large Slavonian oak casks followed by 3 months in bottle
- 325 cases produced each year on average
Rosso di Montalcino
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
Enticing scents of fragrant purple flower, perfumed berry and exotic spice shape the nose. Smooth and savory, the elegant, accessible palate features mature black cherry, licorice and orange zest framed in silky tannins. Drink through 2021.
Good pale red color. Fresh and medium-bodied, this boasts noteworthy precision to its strawberry, blood orange and floral aromas and flavors. Harmonious acidity provides remarkable clarity and cut. Finishes with an impressive mineral edge and outstanding length. An excellent Rosso di Montalcino that was released late and that manages to stay light and lively despite the very hot vintage. Well done.