Rosso di Montalcino 'Poggio Cerrino'
- 100% Sangiovese from the Poggio Cerrino vineyards at 350 meters above sea level with a north-east exposure
- Vines are between 25 and 40 years old
- Sandy soils with clay and schist
- Spontaneous fermentation and an extended maceration on the skins takes place in upright oak fermenters
- Aging for 12-18 months in large Slavonian oak casks of 10 to 40 hectoliters
- 800 cases produced annually on average
- First vintage 1989
Rosso di Montalcino
Press & Reviews
"Lively dark red. Expressive aromas of strawberry, iron and loam, lifted by a violet topnote. Juicy and brisk, with ripe harmonious acidity nicely framing the redcurrant, spice and herb flavors. This deep, precise Rosso finishes clean and persistent, with a saline note. A declassified Brunello made from roughly 45 year old vines, this is an excellent Rosso."