Riesling 'Vandenberg', Tatomer
• Practicing Organic
• 100% Riesling
• Vandenberg is a cuvee selected from Kick-on Ranch Vineyard (located to the northwest of Sta. Rita Hills)
• This wine comes from a wind stressed, partially Botrytis affected (15%) section of the vineyard
• Betteravia Sandy Loam soils
• Dry (6g/L) RS
• Fermented and aged in stainless steel
• 20% Malolactic Fermentation
• Aged for one year in the winery, and one year in bottle
• 350 cases produced
Press & Reviews
Aromas of dried and wet grass, pomelo zest, lime peels and dried seaweed show on the nose of this bottling. There's a flash of richness on the palate before the green-peppercorn, Mandarin orange and light dairy flavors come across the sizzling texture.
The 2018 Riesling Vandenberg opens beautifully in the glass, showing notable density and creaminess that continues to build in the glass. Orchard fruit, wild flowers. Jolly Ranch and mint overtones all grace this exquisite, beautifully perfumed Riesling from one of the top sites in Santa Barbara. The 2018 is such an inviting wine.