Proprietary Red 'Estate', Continuum by Tim Mondavi
- 64% Cabernet Sauvignon, 18% Cabernet Franc, 9% Merlot, 9% Petit Verdot
- 100% estate grown on their Sage Mountain Vineyard high up on Pritchard Hill
- 38 acres planted in 1991 and 1996
- 1300-1600 ft. elevation
- Hand-harvested at night
- 3-day cold soak with 3-4 pump-overs daily
- Aged for 20 months in 2/3rds new French oak 1/3rd used
Blend - Bordeaux
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
Wonderful blackberry and blackcurrant aromas here with hints of mint and fresh sage. Some cassis. Wrought iron, too. Full-bodied, tight and elegant with lovely tension. Beautiful. Ends fine and focused. Drinkable now, but better after 2022.
The 2017 Proprietary Red Wine Sage Mountain Vineyard comes across as remarkably primary. Bright red-toned fruit and floral notes give the 2017 striking freshness as well as nuance. Deep and layered on the palate, with superb depth, the 2017 Continuum is easily one of the wines of the year. Even in the early going, it is truly magnificent.