Pinot Noir 'Willamette Valley', Failla
• Practicing Organic/Sustainable
• 100% Pinot Noir
• Sourced from Chehalem Mountain, Seven Springs, Bjornson, and Eola Springs vineyards
• Harvested September 27th-October 26th, 2018
• Native yeast, 25% whole cluster
• 9 months sur lie, 10% new French oak
• unfined and unfiltered
Press & Reviews
You'll have to search far and wide to find a Willamette Valley Pinot this good at this price. Winemaker Ehren Jordan is a proven Pinot master, and works his magic here, using fruit from top Chehalem Mountain and Eola-Amity sites. This offers a well-integrated mix of fruit and barrel flavors, blackberries, black cherry, mocha and coffee. The ripe and focused tannins add notes of espresso and toasted hazelnuts; the wine is a sheer joy to drink.
The 2018 Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley) is a fabulous appellation-level wine. Bright and punchy, with soaring aromatics, the 2018 is just so full of energy. Red berry fruit, flowers and spice are some of the many nuances that take shape, but more than anything else, the 2018 is a joyous wine that bursts at the seams with fruit and immediacy. I loved it.