Pinot Noir 'Sonoma Coast - San Andreas', Hirsch Vineyards
• Practicing Biodynamic
• 100% Pinot Noir
• Fruit sourced from 45 distinct farming blocks of Hirsch Vineyard
• Each block farmed, harvested, and vinified separately
• Vines planted between 2002-2007 (55%) and 1990-1996 (45%)
• 42% whole cluster inclusion
• Aged in French oak barrels
• 12.9% ABV
Press & Reviews
Lots of pure fruit here with crushed strawberries, flowers, dried mushrooms and bark on the nose, following through to a full body with loads of ripe fruit and chewy tannins. It’s an intense red with lots of fruit-driven character but, it’s got freshness and energy. Give it another two or three years of bottle age. Try after 2022.
The 2018 Pinot Noir Estate San Andreas Fault is bright and beautifully lifted in the glass. Crushed red berry, mint and white pepper give the 2018 striking aromatics presence. Medium in body, nervy and finely delineated, the 2018 has a lot going on. I would give it a few years to soften, as the tannins are a bit fierce today. Time in the glass brings out the wine's inner perfume and a real feeling of finesse that will only grow with time.