Pinot Noir 'Eileen', Cristom
Eileen Vineyard is named after founder Eileen Gerrie, wife of Paul Gerrie, and at the top of our hillside has commanding views of the Cristom estate, the Cascade Range to the east and the Coastal Range to the west. Planting began in 1997 on the south and southeast facing slopes to Dijon clones and Pommard clone of Pinot Noir on American rootstocks.
The maritime climate of Eileen Vineyard has moderately warm days and especially cool nights, allowing the vines to retain acidity and produce intense and fragrant aromas and flavors. Often recognizable by its bouquet of sweet spices, Eileen offers forward focused fruit and gentle tannins that coat the mouth. The vineyard tends to produce a wine that is textured, layered and creamy on the palate.
• Hand harvested and hand sorted, sustainably farmed estate fruit • 30% whole clusters
• No cold soak before primary fermentation
• Minimum effective additions of sulfur and tartaric acid
• Native yeast fermentations
• 1-3 punch downs daily in 1-7 ton open-top fermenters
• Gently pressed in a pneumatic bladder press and moved to barrel by gravity, and never racked, unless necessary
• Undergoes a full malolactic fermentation in barrel
• Fined with egg whites, unfiltered
Aged 19 months in French cooperage, 50% new oak
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|