Pinot Grigio, Abbazia di Novacella
- 100% Ruländer (Pinot Gris)
- Permeable moraine deposits composed of mica schist, para gneiss and quartzite
- 600-750 meters in elevation
- South, south-east, south-west orientation
- 3/4 of the wine fermented and stored in stainless steel tanks and 1/4 fermented in 30 hectolitre oak casks using natural yeasts
- 5,000 cases produced annually
Alto Adige DOC
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
Aromas of green apple, pear and citrus follow over to the savory palate along with green melon, ginger and tangerine zest. It's bright and delicious, with tangy acidity before a fresh, clean close.
Aromas of green papaya and spicy pears follow through to a full body with layers of fruit and attractive citrus undertones in the finish. Drink now.
The 2019 Pinot Grigio from Abbazia di Novacella shows significantly more depth and complexity than you’d expect. Hints of wild herbs give way to ripe apple and apricot, offset by dusty dried flowers and lifting minerality. The interplay of acids and ripe fruit folds perfectly into the wine’s soft and enveloping textures, making for a fresh yet fully satisfying display. Sweet peach, hints of honey and inner florals linger throughout the remarkably pretty finish. If this is what the “entry-level” release of the 2019 is like, I can only imagine what the Praepositus will have to offer.
Wine & Spirits
Brisk acidity washes this wine’s flavors of lime and crisp apple across the palate like mountain spring water. Notes of lemongrass add dimension to the cool fruit tones, and a chalky texture knits the flavors together in a focused frame.