Passito di Pantelleria, Ferrandes
- 100% Moscato di Pantelleria
- From vines planted in 1930 and 1965
- Planted to volcanic-rich soil
- Grapes are traditionally dried under the sun before pressing.
- Fermentation and maturation occurs in stainless steel for 6 months before cellaring in the bottle prior to release
- The estate was certified by a Swiss public body as practicing “organic agriculture” before Italy regulated these standards. At the moment, the estate is qualified to be certified organic, but cannot use the strips that identify the estate as practicing “organic agriculture. ” Because the wine is bottled at another estate that is not certified organic, the Ferrandes estate forgoes this certification (in Pantelleria, “Passito” must be bottled on the island). The estate is building its own bottling line, and will promptly gain organic certification following the facility’s completion.
Passito di Pantelleria
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|