Nero d'Avola 'il Moro', Valle dell'Acate
- 100% Nero d’Avola
- From 20 – 25 year old vines planted to black soil
- 120 elevation
- Spontaneous fermentation in steel tanks with indigenous yeasts
- Maceration lasts up to one week
- Aged in large oak casks of 30HL for 8 months before bottling
- 1999 was the first year of production
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
Made with Nero d'Avola, this opens with aromas of ripe black-skinned berry, Mediterranean brush and cooking spice. The juicy palate offers blackberry jam, star anise and vanilla alongside velvety tannins and bright acidity. Drink through 2024.
The ripe-elderberry character on the nose is quite intense, but it incorporates some nicely dried herbs and spices. Medium to full body, chewy tannins and a crunchy, fruity finish. Drink now.
Bright medium-dark red; this is very pretty but lighter than usual in color for this wine. Spicy aromas and flavors of red cherry and minerals have remarkable inner-mouth perfume. Actually smells like a little Frappato found its way into the vats. Finishes long and spicy, with good juicy cut and pungent nuances. Really lovely.