La Medida Mezcal
Mezcal, Coyote, 'Chichicapam'
Mezcal, Coyote, 'Chichicapam', La Medida
- Maestra Mezcalera Berta Vasquez
- Produced in San Baltazar Chichicapam, Oaxaca
- 100% Coyote (Agave lyobaa)
- Cooked in an earthen oven and milled by tahona
- Open-air fermented
- Distilled twice in a copper pot still
- This mezcal is elegant, herbaceous, fruity, and hard to put down, expressing strawberry seeds, fresh linen, coriander, pink peppercorn, and guava.
- 47% ABV (Alcohol will change from batch to batch)
The unusual term Coyote can refer to several species and subspecies of agave across Mexico. In this instance, it refers to a recently classified hybrid variety: the result of cross-pollination in the wild between Agave karwinskii and Agave potatorum. Whatever mystic jam session brought these two together, we are forever grateful. This mezcal is a tribute to both the newly minted species and to the skill of its distiller.
Agave / Sotol / Pox
Spirit Sub Type: