Liquore di Ginepro Juniper
- Juniper-forward herbal liqueur produced in Piedmont, Italy
- Base spirit distilled from molasses
- Base distillate is infused for up to 3 months with juniper berries complemented by other ingredients including green anise, nutmeg, bay leaf, sweet orange peel, angelica root, lemon peel, cinnamon, mace, cardamom, clove
- Water and sugar are added to the infusion and the mixture rests for 48 hours before filtering and bottling
- An incredibly unique herbal liqueur bursting with juniper, lime oil, spruce tips, and bitter greens
- 45% ABV
Since the beginning of the 18th century in Piedmont, it has been customary to infuse juniper berries into alcohol to preserve their floral and digestive properties. Ginepro has a distinct herbal quality reminiscent of genepy and Green Chartreuse, playing nicely with gin, tequila and most spirits for that matter!