IT-SOT-04-19

Langhe Nebbiolo [Basarin], Sottimano

  • 100% Nebbiolo from the Basarin vineyard in Neive, on the border with Treiso
  • Declassified Barbaresco from young vines, about 15-years-old
  • Fermentation and maceration on the skins for 25 days with indigenous yeasts
  • Malolactic fermentation in French barrels coopered expressly for the estate by Francois Frères in Burgundy
  • Ages 14-16 months, half of this time on its lees
  • 15% new oak, the remaining 85% up to 4th-pass
  • No filtering/no fining
  • 1,833 cases produced annually
Producer:
Vintage:
2019
Country:
Italy
Region:
Piedmont
Variety:
Nebbiolo
Color:
Red
Farming Practice:
Practicing Organic

Press & Reviews

Wine Advocate

Score:
91
Date:
2021-03-02