Indiana Straight Rye Whiskey, Small Batch, Old Rickhouse
Indiana Straight Rye Whiskey, Small Batch, Old Rickhouse, Starlight Distillery
- Straight rye whiskey produced by Starlight Distillery in Starlight, Indiana
- Blend of mash bills, primarily 80% rye, 20% malted barley and 90% rye, 10% malted barley
- Rye is primarily estate-grown and malted barley is sourced locally from Glick Farms, 2 hours north of Starlight
- 7-day closed-top, sweet mash fermentation in stainless steel
- Twice distilled in a Vendome brass and copper pot still
- Aged 4 years in new American oak
- Cherry, fennel, vanilla, and spearmint on the nose; a silken palate balances zesty lemon and orange oil with warming cinnamon and vanilla; finishes dry with notes of galangal, pink peppercorn, and honey
- 46% ABV
Named for the profile of rye whiskey casks discovered in the Huber estate’s oldest rickhouse, this straight Indiana rye whiskey is dangerously quaffable neat but has the necessary proof to pull double duty as the perfect base for your favorite classic cocktails!
The flagship Indiana rye whiskey of the Old Rickhouse range produced by the Starlight Distillery in Starlight, Indiana. Starlight, backed by distilling behemoth MGP, secured a legal designation for Indiana rye whiskey in 2021 which stipulates the use of either sweet or sour mash fermentation with a mash bill of at least 51% rye, distilled to a maximum of 80% ABV, barreled at no more than 62.5% ABV, bottled at a minimum of 40% ABV, and aged at least 2 years in new white American oak barrels, all within Indiana.
Comprised primarily of two distinct mash bills—80% rye, 20% malted barley and 90% rye, 10% malted barley—the majority of the rye is estate-grown, while the malted barley is locally sourced from Glick Farms, 2 hours north of Starlight. Sweet mash fermented for an average of 7 days in stainless steel, twice distilled in a Vendome brass and copper pot still, and aged 4 years in new American oak, this is authentic Indiana rye whiskey.
The finished whiskey displays characteristics indicative of Indiana rye whiskey with cherry, fennel, dill, and spearmint on a nose that transitions to a silken palate balancing zesty lemon and orange oil with warming cinnamon and vanilla. Finishing dry with notes of galangal, pink peppercorn, and honey, this rye whiskey is dangerously quaffable on its own and the perfect base for your favorite classic cocktails! 46% ABV.