Etna Rosso 'Prephylloxera'
- 100% Nerello Mascalese
- In front of the cellar at Terre Nere within the Calderara Sottana vineyards are two parcels that have survived phylloxera (0.8 ha total)
- Soil type: volcanic, shallow, rich in rocks, traces of ash
- Northern slope of Mount Etna, 600 meters a.s.l.
- Extremely low yield (4-5 tons per ha)
- Alcoholic fermentation under controlled temperature (28-30° C)
- Spontaneous malolactic fermentation and aging in French oak barriques, tonneaux for 16-18 months of wood aging and 1 month in steel
- Annual production: 245 9L cases
Press & Reviews