Etna Rosso 'Moganazzi', Terre Nere
- 100% Nerello mascalese
- From just 0.7 ha in the Moganazzi contrade
- Volcanic soil, not too deep, a mix of volcanic ashes and pebbles
- Exposure: northern slope of Mount Etna, 700-750 meters a.s.l.
- 70 to 90-year-old vines
- Alcoholic fermentation under controlled temperature (28-30° C)
- Spontaneous malolactic fermentation and aging in French oak barriques, tonneaux for 16-18 months of wood aging and 1 month in steel
- Annual production: 6.000 bottles (0,75 l)
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
This has a rather shy nose that eventually reveals whiffs of botanical herb, cedar and underbrush. Racy and rather lean, the focused palate shows dried cherry, coffee bean and clove alongside bright acidity. Close-grained tannins leave a drying finish.
Complex aromas of ripe berries with toffee, cedar and some floral undertones. Hot ash as well. The palate is full-bodied, but tight and linear with a chewy palate and lots of dried-peach and orange-peel undertones to the ripe fruit, but always linear and focused. Try after 2022.
Wine & Spirits