Etna Rosso 'Moganazzi'
- 100% Nerello mascalese
- From just 2 ha in the contrada Moganazzi, township of Castiglione di Sicilia (Catania)
- Volcanic soil, not too deep, a mix of volcanic ashes and pebbles
- Exposure: northern slope of Mount Etna, 700-750 meters a.s.l.
- 40 to 100-year-old vines
- Alcoholic fermentation under controlled temperature (28-30° C)
- Spontaneous malolactic fermentation and aging in French oak barriques, tonneaux for 16-18 months of wood aging and 1 month in steel
- Annual production: 420 9L cases
Press & Reviews