Etna Rosso 'Feudo di Mezzo'
- 100% Nerello mascalese
- Production area: contrada Feudo di Mezzo, township of Castiglione di Sicilia (Catania)
- Extension of the vineyard: 1.5 ha
- Soil characteristics: volcanic, shallow, with a prevalence of volcanic ash
- Exposure: northern slope of Mount Etna, 650 meters above sea level
- 60 – 80-year-old vines
- Harvested in the first ten days of October
- Spontaneous malolactic fermentation and aging in French oak barriques, tonneaux
- Bottled after 16-18 months of wood aging and 1 month in steel
- Annual production: 625 9L cases
Terre Nere holds 1.5ha of the Feudo di Mezzo cru, comprised of 50-80 year old gobelet-trained vines at 600-750 meters on the northern slope of Mt. Etna. The soil here is soft, deep volcanic ash with basaltic pebbles. Spontaneous malolactic fermentation and aging in French oak barriques and tonneaux. The wine is bottled after 18 months of oak aging . Of all the crus, it is the usually the first to be ready to drink.