Chianti Classico Gran Selezione 'San Marcellino'
Chianti Classico Gran Selezione 'San Marcellino', Rocca di Montegrossi
- Certified Organic
- 94% Sangiovese with 6% Pugnitello
- Produced using the finest grapes selected from the 7-ha San Marcellino vineyard that surrounds the Church of San Marcellino in Monti in Chianti:
- Up to 50-year-old vines
- 0.9 hectares of Pugnitello, an old indigenous Tuscan grape that perfectly complements Sangiovese, bringing out its color, structure and aromas
- Since 2006 the San Marcellino cuvee has included about 5% Pugnitello
- 16-day fermentation and 23-day maceration
- 24 months in barriques (35%) and tonneaux (65%) of Allier oak (15% of new wood, 20% of 2 years, 25% of 3 years and 60% of 4 years), plus 24 months refining in bottle
- Annual production is about 18,000 bottles.
Press & Reviews
Wine & Spirits