Chianti Classico 'Poggio Teo'
- 90% Sangiovese, 10% Merlot
- Single vineyard situated on the north, east, and south sides of the Poggio Teo hill. This is a 10ha vineyard located at 400m above sea level, the highest altitude vineyard of the Valiano estate
- The soil is sandy and rocky, offering substantial drainage; clay is interspersed throughout the soil, acting as water “reservoirs” for the vines
- Significant diurnal shifts
- The three sides of the vineyard are harvested and vinified separately. The wine is aged for 3 months in barriques, 12 months in oak barrels, and 3 months in bottle
Press & Reviews