Chenin Blanc, 'Die Agteros'
Chenin Blanc, 'Die Agteros', Joostenberg
- Chenin Blanc
- Sourced from a single, dry-farmed vineyard planted in 1982
- Shallow clay-rich soils
- Hand harvested and whole bunch pressed
- Fermented with indigenous yeasts
- Aged in 60% concrete eggs, 20% seasoned barrels & 20% clay amphorae
- The name is derived from the Afrikaans saying “agteros kom ook in die kraal” (translated as “the hind ox also gets there eventually”) because the vineyard took a long time to prove itself and now Joostenberg’s favorite vineyard.
Press & Reviews