Chardonnay, 'The Agnes'
Chardonnay, 'The Agnes', Crystallum
- 100% Chardonnay
- Sourced from five vineyards in the Hemel-en-Aarde and Overberg regions
- Whole grape clusters transferred straight from harvest to press, running the juice off into a settling tank
- Fermented and aged in 228L and 500L French oak barrels, 10% new
- Naturally fermented, where it remains for 9 months before bottling
- No SO2 or enzymes are added prior to fermentation
Press & Reviews
"The 2018 The Agnes comes from five vineyards in Hemel-en-Aarde and Overberg, aged in 228- and 500-liter barrels with 10% new oak. It has a discreet bouquet with subtle pressed flower and shale-like aromas that suggest this is a Chardonnay for cellaring. The palate is wonderfully poised, revealing hints of vanilla and coconut flakes on the entry, countered by a crisp line of acidity and a pleasing tautness on the finish. Excellent."