Chardonnay 'Sonoma Coast', Failla
• Practicing Organic/Sustainable
• 100% Chardonnay
• 60% estate-grown fruit from Olivet Ranch as well as fruit from their single-vineyard bottlings
• Native yeast fermentation (5% skin-fermented)
• Full malolactic fermentation
• Aged in 25% concrete egg, fermented in 10% new French oak, 25% foudre, 5% amphora, 10% stainless steel, and 25% neutral puncheon
Press & Reviews
The 2018 Chardonnay Sonoma Coast has open-knit aromas of honeysuckle, baked apples and spicy touches. The medium-bodied palate is savory with honeyed fruits and an uplifted, very juicy finish. 2,500 cases produced.
The 2018 Chardonnay (Sonoma Coast) is a gorgeous appellation-level wine. Bright and finely cut, the 2018 is a white of energy and cut, both of which come through loud and clear. Lemon peel, mint, almonds, white flowers and crushed rocks are all beautifully sculpted throughout. This is such a classy wine, but it will be better with a bit more time in bottle.