Cerasuolo di Vittoria Classico
- A blend of 60% Nero d’Avola with 40% Frappato from 10 to 25 year old vines
- Spontaneous fermentation occurs in steel tanks with indigenous yeasts
- Maceration for Frappato lasts 5 days and Nero d’Avola lasts up to 12 days
- Aged for one year in barrel and 500 liter tonneaux, which are in service for seven years
- 14% new wood
- The wine is also left to rest in bottle before release
- 1981 was the first year of production
Cerasuolo di Vittoria
Blend - Cerasuolo DOC
Press & Reviews
"A blend of 60% Nero d'Avola and 40% Frappato, this red offers aromas of graphite, Mediterranean scrub and eucalyptus. On the elegantly structured palate, lithe, fine-grained tannins accompany juicy Marasca cherry, star anise and a hint of coffee bean."
"A very intense and complete Cersuolo with cherry, watermelon, elderberry, orange and floral character. It’s medium-bodied with density and lovely length. Drink now."