Cerasuolo di Vittoria Classico 'Iri da Iri', Valle dell'Acate
- From the estate’s oldest vines of Nero d’Avola (60%) and Frappato (40%) which are 20-25 years old
- Spontaneous fermentation with indigenous yeasts on the skins for about ten days
- Aged 36 months in 500L French oak casks; plus 18 months in bottle
- The tonneaux are in service for 7 years, and 14% are new
- 2013 is the first release
Cerasuolo di Vittoria
Blend - Cerasuolo DOC
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
Extremely floral and plummy. Dark berries, too. Full-bodied with lots of fruit that has a slightly jammy undertone. Flavorful finish. Drink now.
Deep red. Clean, savory and dense red fruit, herbs and earthy nuances, complicated by touches of cinnamon. Bright and fresh, with serious tannic backbone nicely supporting the rich and bright fruit flavors. This strikes me as having less Frappato than Nero d'Avola in the blend. Spicy licorice and underbrush echo on the long, zingy finish. A lovely wine of sneaky concentration and power.
Wine & Spirits