Detert Family Vineyards
Cabernet Sauvignon 'Napa Valley'
Cabernet Sauvignon 'Napa Valley', Detert Family Vineyards
• 95% Cabernet Sauvignon
• 5% Cabernet Franc
• Practicing Organic & Sustainable
• Cordon pruned – split canopy management
• Deficit irrigation
• Part of the historic To Kalon Vineyard
• Planted in 1997 to Clone 4 and “Horton Clone” – another family clone from the property, grafted and planted in 2015
• Alluvial, Coombs gravelly loam; very deep, well drained soils
• Small lot fermentations (1-2.5-ton fermenters)
• Avg. 14-days on the skins
• Combination of punch down and pumpovers
• Aged 18 months in 225L French oak (60% new)
• Graphite, mineral, plum, cassis, dark fruits and dark chocolate aromas translate to the same wonderful flavors on the palate. Broad and penetrating, with a really compelling energetic core of mineral, black cherry and savory herb notes. Fantastic texture and length and a long complex finish that shows off beautifully integrated tannin. A lot of complexity, detail and classic character here.