Brunello di Montalcino, Voliero
- 100% Sangiovese from 15-25 year old vines grown in clay soils
- Cold maceration with the skins at 10-12 degrees Celsius (the number of days depends on the characteristics of the grapes).
- Fermentation in steel with temperature control for 20/25 days
- Maturation in large Slavonian and French oak casks (20-50 Hl) for 30 months
- 650 cases produced annually
Brunello di Montalcino
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
Here I'm finding a spicy display of Sangiovese fruit, as dusty dried florals give way to mineral-laced bright cherry, with hints of cedar, leather and white smoke. On the palate, soft textures wash across the senses, ushering in pure red berry fruits, as brisk acids firm up the experience, leaving saline-minerals and fine tannin in their wake. The finish is medium in length and a bit angular, resonating on savory spice with licorice, dried black cherries, inner florals, and a lingering twang of acid. The Voliero needs time to fully come together, yet it is likely to always remain a spicy, acid-driven effort.