Brunello di Montalcino, Poggio Nardone
- Founded in 1996, Poggio Nardone shares a border with our very own Mocali estate in the region of Tavernelle of Montalcino
- 100% Sangiovese
- Galestro and Albarese soil
- 400 meters above sea level
- Alcoholic fermentation in temperature-controlled stainless steel
- Fermentation and aging for 36 months in 500-liter tonneaux (25% new)
Brunello di Montalcino
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
A ripe but composed Brunello di Montalcino with tar, leather, dried brambleberries, dried tea leaves and ash. Chewy and foursquare on the full-bodied palate; the rustic tannins give this a silty, grainy quality. Decadent and powerful. Drink from 2025.
The nose shows pretty red berry fruits, with sweet florals and cinnamon, as peppery herbs, moist earth, and a hint of crushed plum emerge. On the palate, silky textures contrast a mix of mineral-infused cherry and spice, all energized by zesty acidity, as fine tannins slowly mount, yet the Poggio Nardone remains juicy and fresh. The finish is medium in length and understated, resonating on wild berry fruits, leather and inner floral tones, with just a hint of sour-sweet reduction sauce. The 2015 Poggio Nardone captures all of the best qualities of the year, in a balanced and fruit-forward package with just the right amount of wood influence to give it a tactile feel without ever losing momentum.