Brunello di Montalcino, Poggio Nardone
- Founded in 1996, Poggio Nardone shares a border with our very own Mocali estate in the region of Tavernelle of Montalcino
- 100% Sangiovese
- Galestro and Albarese soil
- 400 meters above sea level
- Alcoholic fermentation in temperature-controlled stainless steel
- Fermentation and aging for 36 months in 500-liter tonneaux (25% new)
Brunello di Montalcino
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
Intensely earthy nose of dried porcini mushrooms and truffles. Perfumed, fresher fruit on the palate with red cherries, cranberries and some dark chocolate. This is a well structured, full red with grippy yet fine-grained and pretty tannins. Give it a few years to soften. Drink after 2024.
The 2016 Brunello di Montalcino is a dark and brooding expression of the vintage. Crushed plums, black cherry, tobacco and moist soil tones form up in the glass. It’s velvety-smooth, cast across a medium-bodied frame with balancing acids and a polished display of blackberry, balsamic spice and inner violet florals. The density and concentration of primary fruits combined with the wine’s fine tannin profile promises many years of development. That said, there’s something deeply alluring, almost animalistic and slightly rustic about the 2016 Poggio Nardone that keeps me coming back to the glass.