Brunello di Montalcino 'Poggio Cerrino'
- From the Cerrino and Cigaleta vineyards
- 350 meters above sea level 3 KM to the northeast of the town of Montalcino
- Vines are from 25 to 40 years old
- Sandy clay soil with Galestro schist
- Spontaneous fermentation and maceration in open-top, upright oak fermenters for 21 days
- Aged in large Slavonian oak casks of 10-40 hectoliters for just under four years
- Rested 6 months in bottle before release
- 900 cases produced on average annually
- First year of production 1989
Brunello di Montalcino
Press & Reviews
"The 2016 Brunello di Montalcino Poggio Cerrino dazzles with a fruit-forward display of ripe cherries, blueberry and plum, complemented by confectioners’ spice and hints of sweet tobacco. It’s soft in texture but with a contrasting mix of tart berry fruits and zesty acids, which balance while also adding to the wine’s vibrant persona. Hints of grippy tannin linger under an air of inner florals. The bouquet of Poggio Cerrino leads you to believe this will be an extroverted expression of the vintage; it instead comes into focus nicely and is an excellent option for earlier drinking while waiting for the bigger wines of the year to mature."