Brunello di Montalcino, Lisini
- 100% Sangiovese from the estate’s massal selection.
- Vineyards range from 300 to 350 meters in elevation
- Vinification in glass-lined cement tanks with skin contact for 20-26 days.
- Aged in 20-52 hectoliter casks for 42 months, followed by 6 to 8 months of bottle age prior to release.
- 3,000 cases are produced on average each year.
Brunello di Montalcino
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
Rose, graphite, Mediterranean herb and underbrush aromas mingle with a whiff of wet wool. On the palate, taut tannins and racy acidity frame juicy Marasca cherry, orange zest, culinary spice and an earthy hint of game. Drink 2021–2029.
This has aromas of ripe darker cherries and plums with violets and cedar, leading to a supple core of bright cherries that arrive in juicy and quite bold style. Chewy tannins cut the finish. Drink or hold.
Located near Sant'Angelo in Colle, Lisini's 24ha of vines surround the winery at 300-400 metres above sea level. While they usually harvest during the third week of September, in 2014 picking started mid-October. Discreet yet well-defined aromas of sage, red cherry, blood orange peel and wet earth gradually unfold on the nose. The palate is just as captivating, offering brightness, purity and polish with ripe, fine-boned tannins and juicy acidity. This is all finesse. A standout for the vintage.