Brunello di Montalcino Riserva, Collosorbo
- A selection of 100% Sangiovese from Collosorbo’s oldest estate-grown vines
- 400 to 450 meters above sea level
- Decomposed limestone and galestro soils
- Fruit is hand-harvested and lightly pressed
- Spontaneous fermentation with indigenous yeasts in temperature-controlled vats
- Aged in large French oak cask for 42 months prior to bottling
Brunello di Montalcino
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
Forest-floor, tobacco, dark-skinned berry and clove aromas mingle together in the glass. On the bright savory palate, polished tannins and fresh acidity balance succulent black cherry, crushed raspberry, cinnamon and star anise. Drink 2020–2028.
Ripe blueberries and darker plums with attractive woody and spicy complexity. This has impressive depth and layering on the palate with smooth, sturdy tannins carrying a wealth of black-cherry flavor. Long finish with sweet, ripe fruit. Excellent wine. Drink or hold.
Deep red with an orange rim. Deep red/black fruit notes are marked by a hint of tar and game on the nose. Then deep rich and dense, with strong peppery nuances to the red fruit and balsamic oil flavors. Finishes with hints of woodsy underbrush, pot pourri and Indian spices. This brooding giant will require patience.