Brunello di Montalcino, Collosorbo
- 100% Sangiovese from the region’s most expressive terroirs
- Manual gathering of the grapes in small baskets
- Alcoholic fermentation at controlled temperatures with frequent pumpovers
- Long maceration on the skins
- Aged in12 to 54 hectoliter Slavonian and French oak barrels for 3 years followed by aging in the bottle for at least 8 months.
Brunello di Montalcino
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
Plum, cedar and walnut aromas and flavors with some milk-chocolate and cappuccino undertones. It’s medium-to full-bodied with a tight, focused palate and a flavorful finish. Drink after 2023.
The 2016 Collosorbo Brunello di Montalcino wafts up a rich display of crushed wild berries, exotic brown and balsamic spice, along with rubbed sage and cedar box. It’s juicy and energetic with masses of sweet cherry and blackberries fleshing out across the palate, leaving a subtle layer of minerals and fine tannins adding a bit of a grippy feel. The 2016 is classically dry, yet not severely tannic, instead tapering off to a mix of sour citrus, red currants and hints of licorice. This may not be a Brunello for the ages, but it will provide a lot of enjoyment over the next five to ten years.